Need healing in body, mind and spirit? Interested in maintaining and promoting good health for the glory of God’s kingdom? The purpose of our caring and health ministries is to partner with you in caring for the gift of life. We provide resources for living well in all stages of life and aspects of life—body, mind and spirit—and making healthy spiritual living a priority.
Support & Care
Looking for emotional and/or spiritual support through a current struggle? Visit a support group that addresses your specific needs or explore other care ministries that will help you cope and overcome. There are times in our lives when we need the understanding and encouragement of others who have walked in similar shoes.
For more information, contact Cindy Engelkes by e-mail or at 763.231.2964.
Visitation ministers provide friendly visits and companionship to those who are homebound or struggling with a life transition or challenge. Count on our prayer and presence if you or a loved one is hospitalized, in a care facility or homebound, or experiencing a life challenge or transition. In addition to offering their compassion, lay ministers represent the caring presence of God and our entire church community. We are eager to support you and share resources in a variety of ways:
- Visits, with Holy Communion if desired, for those who are homebound or dealing with a life challenge or transition
- Prayer support
- Phone calls or visits before, during or after hospital stays. Please contact Cindy Engelkes by e-mail or at 763.231.2964 or call the church office at 763.545.5659 to request a phone call or visit.
It is our desire to help you stay spiritually connected to your Calvary family. To make a request or volunteer for any of these ministries, contact Cindy Engelkes by e-mail or at 763.231.2964 or the church office at 763.545.5659.
Parish Nurse Ministry
Exercise and walking opportunities. Free blood pressure checks. With the help of our parish nurse ministry, you can improve your overall health and wellness. A melding of both nursing and ministry, our parish nurse ministry serves individuals and families through health education and resources that promote spiritual maturity. The goal? Wellness in body, mind and spirit.
Our parish nurses work together in providing health education and congregational care. Could you benefit from parish-nursing services? Contact Cindy Engelkes by e-mail or at 763.231.2964.
Prayer can bring peace, healing, forgiveness and joy. Most importantly, prayer can bring you into a growing relationship with God. How can we pray for you today? From tech options to person-to-person, we’re ready and privileged to pray for you…
Advance Care Planning
Advance care planning is talking to your loved ones about what you would like your health care choices to be if a time comes when you are unable to speak for yourself. After you have this conversation, you may write down your wishes in a document called a health care directive. This document allows you to:
- Give instructions about the type of medical care you wish to receive or not to receive
- Choose a person(s), called a health care agent(s), to make medical decisions for you if you are unable to communicate
- Your parish nurses are here to help with the process.
Contact Cindy Engelkes by e-mail or at 763.231.2964.
- • Sundays, 9 & 10:30 a.m., Golden Valley, Worship Center
- • Sundays, 9 & 10:30 a.m., Golden Valley, Chapel
- • Sundays at 10:30 a.m., Minnetonka, Worship Center
Worship from Anywhere
- • Worship Center Livestream, Sundays, 9 & 10:30 a.m. at live.calvary.org
- • Chapel Livestream, Sundays, 9 & 10:30 a.m. at stream.calvary.org
- • Available on-demand at calvary.org/watch, youtube.com/calvarygv. or facebook.com/calvarygv
7520 Golden Valley Rd, Golden Valley, Minnesota 55427 [map]
18360 Minnetonka Blvd, Deephaven, Minnesota 55391 [map]
Phone: 763.545.5659 | Fax: 763.545.6953