Jan. 18-25, 2020
Every day, at least 6,200 children around the world die from under-nutrition, but you can help “reach everyone until all are fed”…
The goal? To provide 750,000 meals to the world’s hungriest kids — to feed 2,055 of them for a whole year!
We reached our goal to pack 750,000 meals for the hungriest kids in the world—we packed 762,048 meals, to be exact. Big thanks to everyone who volunteered!
Now it’s time to finish strong and to give generously in order to fund that food. Donate today!
Help fund the meals and make a difference in that way, too. Please make a donation today!
At 24 cents a meal, we need to raise $180,000 to cover the cost of the meals we pack!
- Be a fundraiser by setting up a fundraising page and sharing your goal with family, friends, co-workers, etc. You can raise funds individually or as a team. Look for the “Become a Fundraiser” button to get started. Set up fundraising page>>
- Give online as a guest, or visit the Calvary Community portal if you have a giving profile set up with Calvary. Please select “Food Pack-out” next to the amount you choose to give.
- Submit a check made payable to “Calvary Lutheran Church” and note “FMSC” in the memo line. If your employer or another organization will match your donation but does not honor donations made to churches, make your check payable to “Feed My Starving Children.” Send your check to Hope for the Hungry, Calvary Lutheran Church, 7520 Golden Valley Road, Golden Valley, MN 55427.
- Buy a tube of M&Ms for $1 in the Atrium on Sundays and Thursdays beginning in January. After enjoying your tasty treat, fill the tube with quarters ($14) and return to Calvary during the packing event.
- Contribute through your weekly offering by noting “FMSC” on your offering envelope or check’s memo line.
- Consider other creative ways to raise your donation!
There are several ways that your business can make a difference. Questions about giving? Contact Dawn Dresser by email or at 763.231.2988.
About Feed My Starving Children
Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) is a Christian nonprofit hunger relief organization founded in 1987. Committed to “feeding God’s starving children hungry in body and spirit,” FMSC operates five permanent packing sites (Coon Rapids, Chanhassen, Eagan, Minn.; Aurora, Schaumburg, Ill.), as well as MobilePack events… like Calvary’s!
FMSC’s MannaPack Rice meals provide the key nutrients a starving child needs to survive and thrive, and are distributed through various community settings: orphanages, schools, clinics, refugee camps and nutrition programs. Children in 70 countries receive FMSC food.
It’s all possible through thousands of volunteers and donors! Volunteers pack 100 percent of the food, with each meal costing only 22 cents to produce. With 94 percent of total FMSC donations going directly to its feeding program, donations of all amounts go a long way in fighting hunger!