Our Hunger and Human Needs Committee mobilizes Calvary’s resources — both personal and financial — to care for human needs throughout the world. We do this by:
- Educating our members about the needs of the poor, the causes of poverty and hunger, and possible solutions.
- Involving members directly in meeting those needs.
- Allocating your contributions to meet local and national/global needs
To get involved in our Hunger and Human Needs effort, you can …
- Designate a portion of your offerings to Hunger and Human Needs on your offering envelope or check.
- Bring food-shelf donations anytime.
- Deliver donated food to neighborhood food shelves. May and November.
We are always eager to involve people with a wide range of interests in this kind of faith work. Contact Dawn Dresser by email or at 763.231.2988.
About Our Recipients
Our Hunger and Human Needs committee carefully researches local hunger and crisis management/homelessness and global/ national programs to find recipients that most faithfully express Christ’s call to compassion and justice, as well as our mission.
Some of the local agencies Calvary supports include food shelves, emergency need centers, and homeless shelters.